Asiago Roasted Broccoli
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
This high-fiber recipe features a clever method for roasting broccoli: You preheat a baking sheet before adding the vegetable, ensuring[ crispy, browned edges.]
- 8 cups broccoli florets (2 to 3 large heads)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 large shallots, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely shredded aged Asiago cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
Set a rimmed baking sheet on an oven rack and preheat to 425 degrees F.
Add the broccoli, oil, garlic, shallots, 3/4 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes to a large bowl and toss to coat. Transfer to the preheated baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Roast until the broccoli florets are browned on the ends, the stalks are crisp-tender and the shallots are caramelized, about 20 minutes, tossing about halfway through. Immediately sprinkle with the Asiago and lemon zest. Season with some salt if needed. Transfer to a serving platter.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller