- 1/3 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 small head napa cabbage (about 1 pound), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound snow peas, cut crosswise into thirds
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, honey mustard and ginger in a medium bowl, then add the vegetable and sesame oils in a slow stream, whisking until combined.
Toss the chicken with 1/4 cup of the dressing in another bowl; let marinate 10 minutes at room temperature. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss the cabbage, carrot, scallions and snow peas with the remaining dressing in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch pieces and toss with the salad. Season with salt. Top with the chow mein noodles.
Per serving: Calories 489; Fat 35 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 94 mg; Sodium 492 mg; Carbohydrate 16 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 30 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos