Asparagus, Bacon and Goat Cheese Quesadilla
- 8 ounces thick cut bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, plus more as needed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound pencil asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 10 -inch flour tortillas
- 11/4 teaspoons chopped tarragon, dill, or parsley
2. Add 1 teaspoon butter and the shallots and cook until brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the asparagus to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the asparagus are bright green and tender; about 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. Spread a thin layer of cheese over a tortilla and scatter a quarter of the herbs on top. Place the tortilla cheese-side up in the skillet. Scatter a quarter of the bacon and asparagus on the lower half of the tortilla, then fold the tortilla over and press lightly. Cook until golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes on each side. If the pan gets dry, add butter, as needed. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve.
Total Fat: 36 grams
Saturated Fat: 18.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 43 grams
Protein: 33 grams
Sodium: 1948 milligrams
Cholesterol: 99 milligrams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved