Asparagus, Canadian Bacon and Cheese Frittata
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound medium asparagus stalks (about 8), trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium slices Canadian bacon (about 2 ounces), coarsely chopped
- Mixed herb salad, for serving
1. Position an oven rack in upper shelf of oven and preheat broiler.
3. Heat olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and bacon and saute until asparagus is tender but still slightly crisp, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour in egg mixture and stir gently to distribute. Cover and cook until eggs begin to set and bottom lightly browns, about 9 minutes.
4. Uncover pan, sprinkle frittata with remaining tablespoon of cheese, and broil until eggs are set and lightly browned on top, about 1 minute. Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes. Slip frittata out of pan onto a cutting board, slice into wedges. Serve warm or room temperature with herb salad.
Total Fat: 25 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 5 grams
Protein: 28 grams
Sodium: 829 milligrams
Cholesterol: 546 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved