Baby Spinach Salad with Roasted Red Onions, Pecans, Dried Cranberries, Crumbled Goat Cheese and Citrus Dressing
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Citrus Dressing, recipe follows
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Citrus Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the onion into thin wedges, through the root end. Toss with the olive oil, season with salt, to taste, and spread out on a baking sheet. Roast until just soft and brown, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Put the spinach and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with some of the dressing and toss. Add more dressing as needed; spinach should just be lightly coated. Divide salad among 4 chilled plates. Top with pecans, goat cheese, and dried cranberries. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.Citrus Dressing:
Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon, honey, thyme, and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing.
Yield: about 1/2 cup
More Recipes and Ideas:
Baby Spinach Salad with Thyme and Dijon Vinaigrette with Crisp Swiss Cheese Crisps, Baby Spinach, Avocado, and Pumpkin Seed Salad, Super Food Spinach Salad with Pomegranate-Glazed Walnuts, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Easy Dinner, Spinach Casserole Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.