- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Citrus Dressing, recipe follows
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the onion into thin wedges, through the root end. Toss with the olive oil, season with salt, to taste, and spread out on a baking sheet. Roast until just soft and brown, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Put the spinach and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with some of the dressing and toss. Add more dressing as needed; spinach should just be lightly coated. Divide salad among 4 chilled plates. Top with pecans, goat cheese, and dried cranberries. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil