Bacon and Scallion Coleslaw
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 1/2 head medium white cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 Gala apple, cored and julienned with skin
- 4 scallions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 4 slices bacon
1. Toss the cabbage in a colander with 1 tablespoon salt. Set aside in the sink to drain, about 1 hour. Rinse, drain well, and pat dry.
2. Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, celery seeds, cayenne and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the drained cabbage, carrots, apples, and scallions to the dressing. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat, turning until crisp and golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Crumble and stir into the coleslaw before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Bacon, Peach and Arugula Sandwiches, Coffee-Glazed Bacon With Eggs, Bacon Steak with Coriander, Smoked Oyster Mushrooms and Thyme Brown Butter, Caramel Apple Recipes, Carrot Soup Recipes, Apple Cobbler Recipes, Brown Rice Recipes, Roasted Tomato Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.