Bacon and Scallion Coleslaw
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 1/2 head medium white cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 Gala apple, cored and julienned with skin
- 4 scallions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 4 slices bacon
1. Toss the cabbage in a colander with 1 tablespoon salt. Set aside in the sink to drain, about 1 hour. Rinse, drain well, and pat dry.
2. Whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, celery seeds, cayenne and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the drained cabbage, carrots, apples, and scallions to the dressing. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat, turning until crisp and golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool. Crumble and stir into the coleslaw before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.