- 1 cup chicken or pork mousse pate (10 ounces), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 baguette, split open and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small daikon radish, cut into matchsticks
- Sriracha (Asian chile sauce), for topping
- Fresh cilantro, for topping
Beat the pate, mayonnaise, ginger and soy sauce in a bowl with a mixer until light and airy, 1 to 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange the baguette pieces on a baking sheet and bake until slightly toasted, about 10 minutes; let cool.
Meanwhile, make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, vegetable oil, lime zest and juice, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Add the carrot and daikon and toss.
Spread some of the pate mixture on each piece of bread; top with Sriracha, the carrot-daikon salad and cilantro.
Photograph by Con Poulos