Beef Satay with Pickled Cucumber Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Pickled Cucumber Salad
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 Kirby cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Toast the coriander seeds in small hot pan over medium heat until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Combine the toasted coriander with the vinegar, sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, and chile in a large shallow pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 5 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and add the cucumbers and carrots; let sit, covered, 20 minutes. Drain the cucumber and carrot mixture.
Total Fat: 0 grams
Saturated Fat: 0 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 21 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Sodium: 628 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.