- 6 ripe nectarines, about 1 pound
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant tapioca
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced into small pieces, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Position a rack in middle oven and preheat to 375F. Butter a 9-inch round gratin or casserole dish and set aside.
2. For filling: Halve each nectarine along the natural seam; cut halves into 3 wedges. Toss nectarines with blueberries, sugar, and tapioca and place in the prepared dish; Dot with butter pieces.
3. For topping: Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Rub in 2 tablespoons butter, using fingertips, until no visible pieces remain. Rub in remaining 4 tablespoons butter to even, pea-size pieces. Whisk egg and cream together; stir into dry ingredients to a shaggy, loose dough.
4. Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto fruit. Allow dough edges to touch so overall effect resembles cobblestones. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of topping comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cobbler on a rack, about 20 minutes.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 18 grams
Saturated Fat: 11 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 70 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Sodium: 300 milligrams
Cholesterol: 78 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams