- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Kosher salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
Put the potatoes, garlic, bay leaf, and peppercorns in a large saucepan, add cold water to cover by about an inch and season generously with salt,. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 5 to 8 minutes depending on their size.
Drain and discard the garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Halve the potatoes, if large, toss with the butter and season with salt, and pepper, to taste. Keep warm.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved