- Kosher salt
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bunch broccoli, florets and some chopped stems
- 12 ounces bow-tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced into half-moons
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 1/2 cups grated fontina cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce), plus more for topping
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook 10 minutes, then add the broccoli and pasta and cook as the pasta label directs.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste. Cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
Add the leeks to the pot and stir in enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten. Stir in the cheeses and season with salt and pepper. Top with more parmesan.
Per serving: Calories 735; Fat 27 g (Saturated 17 g); Cholesterol 83 mg; Sodium 1,451 mg; Carbohydrate 96 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 29 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos