Braised Brisket with Parsley Anchovy Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Garlic lovers will love this parsley and anchovy sauce. The anchovies are subtle and add a deep layer of flavor which complements the flavors[ of the beer braised brisket and pair perfectly with the rich fruity tannins of a cabernet sauvignon.]
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 (3-pound) brisket, point cut
- 3 large onions, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 2 (12-ounce) lager beers
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (6 to 8)
- 3 bunches fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 4 cups)
- 10 to 12 cloves garlic (about 1 head)
- 8 oil-packed anchovies
- 4 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven. Salt the brisket all over and sear on all sides until brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside. Add the onions and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the onions do not burn. Return the brisket to the pan and add the beer. Bring to a simmer, cover, and place in the oven. Braise until fork tender, about 3 hours. Let cool while making the potatoes and sauce.
2. Boil the potatoes in a medium saucepan with salted water until fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Set 2 potatoes aside to cool and toss the rest of the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, a small handful of parsley leaves, roughly chopped, and season with salt.
3. Pulse the remaining parsley leaves, the garlic, and anchovies in a food processor until roughly chopped. Leave the processor running while adding the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil in a steady stream. Peel the 2 reserved potatoes and add to the parsley along with the hard-boiled egg yolks and lemon juice and pulse 3 to 4 more times. Season with salt.
4. Remove the brisket from the pan and slice against the grain. Degrease the braised onions. Spoon the braised onions on the bottom of the plate, and then add the sliced brisket. Top with the parsley sauce. Serve the potatoes on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.