Breaded Pork Chops
- Four 1/2-inch-thick, bone-in, pork chops (about 1-1/2 pounds), patted dry
- Flour for dredging
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sourdough bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil for shallow frying
- 2 lemon wedges
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Put the flour in a shallow bowl or lipped plate. Break the eggs into another shallow bowl and whisk with the salt and pepper. In a third shallow bowl mix the breadcrumbs with herbs.
Bread the chops. Dredge a chop in the flour, shaking off the excess, then dip it into the eggs, and finally coat the meat evenly with the breadcrumbs. Set on a piece of waxed paper or baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chops. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the chops, about 1/4 cup. When the oil shimmers, add the chops and fry 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.