- 3 small carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-ounce center-cut skinless halibut fillets (1 3/4 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and preheat 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush the carrots and onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush the fish with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the paprika; brush to coat the fish evenly with paprika.
Meanwhile, microwave the peas in a bowl with 1/4 cup water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the peas and liquid to a food processor and pulse with the ricotta, butter and a pinch of salt to make a slightly chunky puree. Divide the puree among plates and top with the fish, carrots, onion and pan juices.
Per serving: Calories 429; Fat 20 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 72 mg; Sodium 484 mg; Carbohydrate 18 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 42 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos