- 3 large plum tomatoes (about 12 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, or marjoram
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
Season tomatoes with the salt and place seed-side down on a rack or paper towel to drain for about 30 minutes. Blot dry with a paper towel.
Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil. Place the tomato halves on the prepared pan, seed-side up, season with pepper to taste, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle herbs over the top. Broil until hot and the tops begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
Top with cheese and broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve 3 halves per person.
Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved