Brown Butter Blondies
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 15 min
- 25 min
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 1 1/2 cups butterscotch, semisweet chocolate, peanut butter, or white chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Butter and flour a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish and set aside.
2. Stir butter into sugar in a large bowl until smooth, cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside. Beat eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture. Add flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until a smooth thick batter forms. Fold in chips, as desired.
3. Evenly spread batter into prepared dish. Bake until blondies are light brown around edges and a toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from oven; cool slightly. Invert onto a rack to release; cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Total Fat: 23 grams
Saturated Fat: 14 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 58 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Sodium: 200 milligrams
Cholesterol: 76 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams