Brown Butter Blondies
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 15 min
- 25 min
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into small piece, plus more for greasing
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 cups firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 1 1/2 cups butterscotch, semisweet chocolate, peanut butter, or white chocolate chips, optional
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until the water evaporates and the milk solids turn golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Stir butter into brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth; cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Whisk eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture. Add flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until a smooth thick batter forms. Fold in chips, as desired.
4. Evenly spread batter into prepared dish. Bake until blondies are light brown around edges and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from oven; cool slightly. Invert onto a rack to release; cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
From Food Network Kitchen: This recipe has been updated and may differ from what was originally published or broadcasted.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Total Fat: 23 grams
Saturated Fat: 14 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 58 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Sodium: 200 milligrams
Cholesterol: 76 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams
From Food Network Kitchen