It's hard not to love crispy treats -- this is a make-ahead version with ingredients you can feel good about. And if your kid is a lunchtime food trader, this'll be a high-stakes item.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 6 cups brown rice cereal, such as Koala Crisp
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins, optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame or sunflower seeds, optional
Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Quickly stir in the marshmallows and cook until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Stir in cereal, and dried fruit and seeds if using, until well-coated and combined. Spray a rubber spatula or wooden spoon with nonstick cooking spray and press mixture evenly into pan. Cool and cut into 2 by 2-inch squares or use cookie cutters to cut into playful shapes. Pack in an air-tight container.
Copyright (c) 2008 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved