Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
Preheat a grill to high. Mix the melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl. Transfer half of the mixture to a small bowl and put near the grill for brushing.
Brush the chicken with the olive oil and grill until just marked on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and brush evenly with the hot sauce mixture. Continue grilling, turning as needed and brushing with the sauce, until well-marked and cooked through, about 10 more minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-size pieces. Toss with the reserved hot sauce mixture.
Puree 3/4 cup blue cheese and the sour cream in a blender until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese dressing to the bowl with the chicken; add the sliced celery and celery leaves, red onion and carrot and toss. Divide the lettuce wedges and chicken salad among plates. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese.
Per serving: Calories 354; Fat 17 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 119 mg; Sodium 1,061 mg; Carbohydrate 12 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 36 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.