Buffalo-Style Chicken Wings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split at joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, or to taste
- Blue Cheese Dressing, recipe follows
- Celery sticks, optional
- Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese (about 3 ounces), divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Pour oil, to 2 inches deep, into a large heavy bottomed pot fitted with a deep fry thermometer. Heat to 375F over medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cayenne. Working in 3 batches, dredge wings in flour mixture and fry until lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer wings to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Toss fried wings in hot sauce mixture. Transfer wings, with sauce, to a large foil-lined baking sheet and bake, turning wings occasionally, until they are crispy and have absorbed most sauce, about 35 minutes.
4. Transfer wings to a serving platter and serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise, 1/4 cup blue cheese, half-and-half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, together until smooth. Gently stir in remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and season with pepper, to taste. Use now or store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups (12 servings)
Total Fat: 74 grams
Saturated Fat: 21 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 20 grams
Protein: 46 grams
Sodium: 680 milligrams
Cholesterol: 215 milligrams
Fiber: 1 grams
More Recipes and Ideas:
Honey-Rosemary Wings with Greek Yogurt and Lemon Garlic Dipping Sauce, Chili-Lime Fried Chicken Wings, Mrs. Hays' Stuffed Chicken Wings, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.