Buffalo-Style Chicken Wings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split at joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, or to taste
- Blue Cheese Dressing, recipe follows
- Celery sticks, optional
- Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled Maytag blue cheese (about 3 ounces), divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Pour oil, to 2 inches deep, into a large heavy bottomed pot fitted with a deep fry thermometer. Heat to 375F over medium heat.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cayenne. Working in 3 batches, dredge wings in flour mixture and fry until lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer wings to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Toss fried wings in hot sauce mixture. Transfer wings, with sauce, to a large foil-lined baking sheet and bake, turning wings occasionally, until they are crispy and have absorbed most sauce, about 35 minutes.
4. Transfer wings to a serving platter and serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
In a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise, 1/4 cup blue cheese, half-and-half, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, together until smooth. Gently stir in remaining 1/4 cup blue cheese and season with pepper, to taste. Use now or store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups (12 servings)
Total Fat: 74 grams
Saturated Fat: 21 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 20 grams
Protein: 46 grams
Sodium: 680 milligrams
Cholesterol: 215 milligrams
Fiber: 1 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.