- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Rendered bacon fat reserved in pan, if desired, or butter
- Butter and maple syrup, for serving
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. Mix the buttermilk, vanilla extract and eggs in another bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir in the bacon and banana. Fold in the dry ingredients.
Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add a little bacon fat or butter and allow to heat and melt. Add about 1/2 cup of the batter for each pancake. Allow the pancake to cook until it starts to bubble on top and gets golden brown around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute. Remove to a platter. Repeat with the remaining batter. Top with butter and maple syrup.