Butternut Squash, Apple & Onion Galette with Stilton
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch fine salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced (1 stick)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large baking apple, such as Cortland or Rome Beauty, cored
- 1 small butternut squash, halved and seeded (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and root end trimmed but intact
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/3 cup crumbled Stilton or other blue cheese (about 11/2 ounces)
1. For dough: Pulse flour and salt in a food processor. Add butter and pulse about 10 times until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add egg and pulse 1 to 2 times more into a rough dough. Remove and gently press into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
2. Preheat oven to 400degreesF.
3. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a baking sheet and brush with mustard. Leaving a 2-inch border from edge, arrange apple, squash, and onion slices over dough in an overlapping circle. Fold border over edge of filling, pleating as needed to make a free form pie. Bake until crust is brown and apple, squash, and onion are tender and brown, about 55 minutes. Scatter cheese over filling and bake until melted, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack and cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve.
Total Fat: 24.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 15 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 34 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Sodium: 390 milligrams
Cholesterol: 97 milligrams
Fiber: 3 gram
Thank you! your flag was submitted.