- 1-1/2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, cored
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or fleur de sel
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves, torn or cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Slice the tomatoes and cheese into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange the salad on a serving platter or individual plates in an alternating pattern, with two to three slices of tomato for every piece of cheese. Season with the salt and pepper to taste. Scatter the basil leaves over the top and drizzle with the oil. Serve at room temperature.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.