- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/4 pounds)
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Prepared macaroni salad, for serving (optional)
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with about one-third of the mustard sauce in a large bowl until coated. Let sit at room temperature, 10 minutes.
Brush the grill grates generously with vegetable oil. Put about 1/4 cup of the remaining mustard sauce in a small bowl for basting and reserve the rest for topping. Grill the chicken, covered, basting occasionally with the sauce, until well marked and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 170 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes per side.
Serve the chicken with the reserved mustard sauce, sliced tomato and macaroni salad, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 425; Fat 25 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 127 mg; Sodium 866 mg; Carbohydrate 16 g; Fiber 0 g; Protein 31 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos