- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, like soy, peanut, or corn
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno (with seeds), stemmed and minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 pound carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves ( cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 1 scallion (white and green), chopped
- Copyright 2002 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a small skillet, combine the oil, jalapeno, and garlic. Place the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the sugar, and stir until dissolved. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.