- Total Time:
- 55 min
- 10 min
- 45 min
- about 4 to 6 side-dish serving
- 6 medium carrots (about 1 pound), shredded on a box grater or mandolin
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
Put the carrots in a large bowl, and cover with cold water. Set aside for 30 minutes. Drain and return to the bowl.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, cover the raisins with hot tap water. Set aside to plump for 15 minutes. Drain and add to the carrots.
In a small bowl, whisk together the parsley, vinegar, oil, honey, salt and cardamom, if using. Add to the carrots and raisins and mix until well combined. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 days.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved