Cauliflower and Ham Crustless Quiche
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 10 min
- 20 min
- 1 hr
- 50 min
- 1 (9-inch) quiche, 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion, about 1 medium
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 ounces deli boiled ham, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese, about 1 cup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the ham and the onions and cook until lightly brown, about 6 minutes. Add cauliflower and parsley and set aside to cool slightly.
Brush a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan with the soft butter and evenly sprinkle the bottom of the pan with the grated parmesan Place pan on a baking sheet. Whisk the half-and-half, eggs, egg yolks and flour in large glass measuring cup. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread half the cauliflower mixture evenly in the pan, top with about half the cheese; repeat with remaining filling and cheese. Pour the custard over the fillings.
Bake until the quiche is just set in the center, about 40 to 50 minutes. Cool on a rack before serving.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.