Cauliflower with Brown Butter
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 10 min
- 10 min
- about 4 side dish servings
- Kosher salt
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into small florets
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter, and move the pan in a circular motion as it melts. When the butter's foam begins to subside, after a couple minutes, add the breadcrumbs. Continue cooking and swirling the skillet, until the butter begins to brown, about 30 seconds more. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice to stop the cooking.
Add the cauliflower and parsley to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and toss until evenly coated with the brown butter. Warm over medium heat if needed. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.
Cook's Note: If the cauliflower gets cold, reheat it in a microwave until hot before adding to the browned butter.