Two Mexican party favorites are combined in this delicious green salsa. We love the roasted flavors of the tomatillo, pepper and scallions paired with the peppery and earthy notes of the tequila.
- 6 tomatillos, husks removed and halved
- 2 poblano chiles, halved and seeded
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Place the tomatillos, poblanos and scallions on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler and cook until well charred, turning once, about 5 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, remove the skin from the poblanos.
Add the charred vegetables to a food processor along with the tequila, chili powder, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper. Pulse until smooth but still slightly chunky. Remove to a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved