- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 1/4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Assorted vegetables and crackers, for serving
1. Mix both of the cheeses, the onion, horseradish, 1 of the tablespoon parsley, Worcestershire, salt to taste and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until evenly combined. Form the cheese mixture into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm and the flavors have blended, at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator up to 30 minutes before serving. Cook the bacon in skillet until crisp, transfer to a paper towel, and when cool crumble. Mix the bacon with the nuts and remaining tablespoon parsley in a shallow bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the mixture so that it is coated evenly. Serve with vegetables and crackers.
For a large gathering this recipe easily doubles for two smaller cheese balls or one large cheese ball.
Nutrition Info (per serving- does not include vegetable or crackers):
Total Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 5.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 2 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Sodium: 178 milligrams
Cholesterol: 29 milligrams
Fiber: 0 gram