- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Bring the corn, butter and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 2 minutes.
Scoop tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with more cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown and puffy, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Photograph by Kang Kim