- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced,
- plus more for the dish
- 1 pound (2 cups) fresh cherries, pitted (or one 10-ounce bag frozen cherries, thawed and patted dry)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 11-inch-round baking dish and spread the cherries evenly over the bottom.
Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the flour in a bowl until combined. Pour the batter over the cherries, sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and scatter the sliced butter on top.
Bake until puffed and golden around the edges, about 40 minutes. Cool slightly, then dust with confectioners' sugar.