Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast (about 2 breasts), cubed
- 3 scallions, whites only, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -inch piece peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 to 6 cups broccoli, trimmed sliced stalks and medium florets (separated)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Jasmine rice, for serving
1. Toss chicken with scallion, half of garlic, half of ginger, soy sauce, sugar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt, sherry, and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Mix remaining cornstarch with 1/3 cup water.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat. Add broccoli stems and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add florets, remaining garlic, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir-fry until broccoli is bright green but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Reheat skillet add 2 tablespoon oil and heat. Add chicken and chili flakes, if using. Stir-fry until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce, return broccoli to pan, and toss heat through. Stir in reserved cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil until thickened. (Add water to thin sauce, if necessary.) Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve over rice.
Total Fat: 16 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 40 grams
Protein: 32 grams
Sodium: 1097 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Fiber: 4 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.