Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast (about 2 breasts), cubed
- 3 scallions, whites only, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -inch piece peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 to 6 cups broccoli, trimmed sliced stalks and medium florets (separated)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Jasmine rice, for serving
1. Toss chicken with scallion, half of garlic, half of ginger, soy sauce, sugar, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt, sherry, and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Mix remaining cornstarch with 1/3 cup water.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat. Add broccoli stems and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add florets, remaining garlic, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir-fry until broccoli is bright green but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Reheat skillet add 2 tablespoon oil and heat. Add chicken and chili flakes, if using. Stir-fry until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce, return broccoli to pan, and toss heat through. Stir in reserved cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil until thickened. (Add water to thin sauce, if necessary.) Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve over rice.
Total Fat: 16 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 40 grams
Protein: 32 grams
Sodium: 1097 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Fiber: 4 grams
More Recipes and Ideas:
Jake's Keawe-smoked Chicken Halves served with Jake's Smoked Pineapple-Mango Salsa, Chicken Chili, BBQ Chicken with Trish Lynn's Grandma's Famous BBQ Sauce, Healthy Grilling, Low Fat Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.