- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup whole-wheat or regular couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or dill
- Plain yogurt, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the mushrooms, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, cumin, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste on a rimmed baking sheet.
Rub the chicken breasts with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken skin-side up among the mushrooms. Roast until the chicken skin is crisp and golden and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous with the chopped apricots as the package directs. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken to plates. Toss the mushrooms with the lemon juice, cilantro or dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken with the mushrooms, couscous and yogurt.
Per serving: Calories 535; Fat 22 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 111 mg; Sodium 346 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 48 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos