Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1/2 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 pound egg noodles (preferably wide ones)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken (meat from about one breast)
- 1 tablespoon whole flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill fronds
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Put the onion, carrots, celery, thyme, parsley, chicken broth, and water in a medium pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Simmer until the vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the noodles and cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes (depending upon the size of the noodles). Add the chicken, warm through, and then adjust the seasoning if necessary with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with parsley and dill.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.