- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1/2 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 pound egg noodles (preferably wide ones)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken (meat from about one breast)
- 1 tablespoon whole flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill fronds
Put the onion, carrots, celery, thyme, parsley, chicken broth, and water in a medium pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Simmer until the vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the noodles and cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes (depending upon the size of the noodles). Add the chicken, warm through, and then adjust the seasoning if necessary with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with parsley and dill.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved