Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1/2 cup water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 pound wide egg noodle, about 6 ounces
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken (about one breast)
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon dill fronds
1. Place onion, carrots, celery, thyme, parsley, chicken broth, and water in a medium pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Simmer until vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add noodles and cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add chicken and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve garnished with parsley and dill.
Total Fat: 5.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 35 grams
Protein: 27 grams
Sodium: 295 milligrams
Cholesterol: 69 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.