- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds chicken wings (12 whole wings)
1. Whisk the chili, sugar, cayenne, vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl to make a thick paste. Put half the paste in a large re-sealable plastic bag.
2. Remove the wing tips and discard. Pat the wings dry. Add the wings to the bag and seal. Toss the wings in a bag to evenly coat with the mixture. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
3. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Lightly brush the grill grate with oil. Evenly arrange the wings on the grill, cook until crisp and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Brush the wings with the reserved rub and continue to grill until glazed, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the wings to a platter. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 30 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 14 grams
Protein: 28 grams
Sodium: 309 milligrams
Cholesterol: 113 milligrams
Fiber: 2.5 grams