- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut off
- Kosher salt
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 3 to 4 cups leftover chili
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack or monterey jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 18-ounce tube precooked polenta, cut into 12 rounds
(Use leftover Slow-Cooker Texas Chili.)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the scallions and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
Bake until the casserole is heated through and the top is golden, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: Calories 634; Fat 34 g (Saturated 16 g); Cholesterol 119 mg; Sodium 1,588 mg; Carbohydrate 48 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 32 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos