- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ancho ef="http://www.foodterms.com/encyclopedia/chili-powder/index.html" class="crosslink" debug="57 69">chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, tips removed
Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly oil. Mix the chile powder, cumin, coriander, cloves, 2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add the wings and toss to coat.
Spread the wings, spaced apart, on the prepared baking sheets. Bake, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 40 minutes.
Ancho chile powder gives these a slightly smoky kick; serious wing lovers will want to step up the heat.
Put 2 jalapenos, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, the juice of 1 lime and 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a food processor and finely chop. Toss with the wings; marinate 2 hours. Brush off the marinade and rub and bake as directed, omitting the black pepper.
Marinate the wings in the jalapeno mixture (see above), then rub and bake as directed. About 5 minutes before they're finished baking, brush with a mixture of 3 tablespoons each honey and Sriracha sauce (hot Asian chili sauce).
Photograph by Charles Masters
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Vietnamese-style Chicken Wings, Mongolian Kickin' Wings with Creamy Wasabi Dipping Sauce, Fried Chicken Wings with a Thai-Inspired Chili Dipping Sauce, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Chicken and Rice Recipes, Chicken Chili Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.