- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 heaping tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
Pulse the garlic, shallots, parsley, oregano, salt, and red pepper in a food processor until roughly chopped. Add the oil, vinegar, and water and pulse to make a textured sauce. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Cook's Note: Make sure to pluck the oregano leaves off the stems--hard stems make the sauce a little too textured. Toss the herb stems onto the fire to flavor whatever you are grilling.
Copyright (c) 2005 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved