Chipotle Chicken or Shrimp Skewers with Jicama-Orange Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into long thin pieces, or 1 pound large shrimp with tails intact, peeled, and deveined (about 12)
- 1 small jicama, cut into 1/8-inch thick batons (about 2 cups)
- 3 oranges
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves picked (about 1/4 cup)
1. Combine the cumin, coriander, chipotle, lime juice, honey, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and oil and whisk well. Pour over the chicken or shrimp, mix to coat well, and marinate for 30 minutes. Soak wooden skewers in water.
2. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Place the jicama in a medium bowl. Cut the peel from the oranges, then slice the orange segments into the bowl over the jicama. Tear the cilantro leaves and add to the jicama. Season with salt and toss to combine.
3. Remove the chicken or shrimp from the marinade and thread onto the soaked skewers, 2 pieces chicken per skewer or 3 shrimp. Grill 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place the jicama slaw on a plate and top with the skewers.