- 60 vanilla wafer cookies (about three-quarters of a 12-ounce box)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus toasted coconut for topping (optional)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
Pulse the cookies, coconut and butter in a food processor until finely ground. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Slice the bananas and arrange in a layer over the crust. Freeze until the crust sets, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, let the vanilla ice cream soften at room temperature.
Spread the vanilla ice cream evenly over the banana layer. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Let the chocolate ice cream soften at room temperature, then spread over the vanilla layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
Remove the pie from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Beat the cream and confectioners' sugar with a mixer until soft peaks form, then spread over the pie. Top with toasted coconut, if desired.
Photograph by Con Poulos