- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Serving suggestions: strawberry jam
- Special Equipment: 12 (1/2-cup) capacity muffin tin, paper muffin liners, cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line the muffin tin with paper liners and lightly coat with cooking spray. (This may seem like overkill, but otherwise the muffins will stick.)
Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then whisk in the butter, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla.
Quickly fold the wet ingredients into the dry with a rubber spatula. Just before the batter comes together, fold in the chocolate chipsdont mix the batter too much or the muffins will be tough. Divide the batter among the muffin cups (1/4 cup of batter per muffin). Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Turn the muffins out of the tins, cool on a rack. Serve slightly warm with jam.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.