- 1 1/4 cups dry-roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch fine salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 11/4 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
1. For crust: Preheat oven to 350degreesF. Pulse peanuts, granulated sugar, and cloves in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse sand. Pulse in butter. Press evenly into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan; bake until set, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Melt chocolate with cream in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Spread chocolate over crust. Freeze until chocolate sets.
3. For filling: Whisk milk, eggs, confectioner's sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly, over medium heat. Continue to cook until very thick, about 2 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl and \whisk in cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla. Spread filling into pie shell and refrigerate until cold or up to overnight.
4. For topping: Heat chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Cool slightly. Whip cream and confectioners' sugar to stiff peaks. Stir a large spoonful of cream into chocolate; fold remaining cream into chocolate. Unhinge pan and remove ring. Spread on cream topping. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
Total Fat: 61 grams
Saturated Fat: 27 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 57 grams
Protein: 16 grams
Sodium: 380 milligrams
Cholesterol: 150 milligrams
Fiber: 5 grams