- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 canned piquillo peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces Spanish chorizo, sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
1. Place the mayonnaise, peppers, paprika, and lime zest into a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook the chorizo in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, in batches, until lightly brown, about 1 minute on each side.
3. Spread the aioli onto a plate and place the chorizo over top. Garnish with cilantro and serve. Alternatively, smear the aioli onto a platter and set toothpick-speared chorizo slices over top.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
Total Fat: 33 grams
Saturated Fat: 9.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 3 grams
Protein: 14 grams
Sodium: 1364 milligrams
Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
Fiber: 0.5 grams