Chunky Egg Salad
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 1 stalk celery (with leaves), chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestions: 8 slices country-style sourdough bread, sliced tomatoes, or salad greens
- Copyright 2000 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a small bowl, soak the onions in cold water, for 15 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, with a tight-fitting lid, place the eggs and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover the eggs, remove from the heat, and set aside for 8 minutes. Drain the water from the pan and cool the eggs in the pan under cold running water. Peel the eggs and cut into sixths.
In a large bowl, mix together the onion, celery, mayonnaise, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
From Food Network Kitchens