- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 1 stalk celery (with leaves), chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestions: 8 slices country-style sourdough bread, sliced tomatoes, or salad greens
In a small bowl, soak the onions in cold water, for 15 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, with a tight-fitting lid, place the eggs and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover the eggs, remove from the heat, and set aside for 8 minutes. Drain the water from the pan and cool the eggs in the pan under cold running water. Peel the eggs and cut into sixths.
In a large bowl, mix together the onion, celery, mayonnaise, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
Add the eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently mix them together. Season with pepper to taste. Use in sandwiches, with lettuce and tomatoes, or in a salad.
- Copyright 2000 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Per Serving: Calories: 216; Total Fat: 18 grams; Saturated Fat: 4 grams; Protein: 10 grams; Total carbohydrates: 2 grams; Sugar: 1 gram; Fiber: 0 grams; Cholesterol: 284 milligrams; Sodium: 771 milligrams