Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens Get Grilling, Meredith 2005
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 quart sweet apple cider
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger, shallots, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft and brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the bourbon. Return the pan to the heat and with a wooden spoon scrape up any of the browned bits that cling to the bottom. Add the cider, jelly, molasses, bay leaf, coriander seeds, peppercorns, and sage. Bring to a boil and reduce until the mixture is syrupy and yields about 1 1⁄2 cups, about 1 hour.
Strain and add lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, to taste.
Copyright © 2005 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.