- 2 cups salted roasted mixed nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces, plus more for the baking sheet
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Combine the nuts, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves in a bowl. Lightly butter a rimmed baking sheet.
Heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until it just begins to melt. Cook, swirling the pan but not stirring, until most of the sugar has melted, about 10 minutes. Add the butter and cook, swirling the pan, until the mixture is deep amber and a candy thermometer registers 300 degrees F, about 7 more minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the nut mixture, then the raisins. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and spread with a rubber spatula. Let cool completely, then break into pieces.
Photograph by Kang Kim